Does your car need a bit of TLC? Car detailing is the answer. The only problem is most car owners often confuse it with car washing.
While both involve car cleaning, it’s essential to know the difference.
Here’s a simple difference: with a car wash, the goal is to get rid of dust, dirt, salt, and any grime stuck on the vehicle’s exterior.
On the other hand, car detailing is more advanced and goes deeper than regular car washing. The process is much more complex and labor-intensive but rewarding.
Auto detailing ensures the car looks as good as brand new both on the inside and the exterior.
What does car detailing include?
Auto detailing includes several tasks. The most common ones with most auto detailing shops are:
A car’s exterior is the first impression. For this reason, detailers will ensure the car’s exterior looks its best by doing the following;
- Beginning the cleaning with a high-powered wash and dry of the exterior elements, often done by hand.
- Next is using a clay bar to remove any contaminants and residue left behind after the first wash. Paint claying ensures the car surface is left cleaner and smoother to facilitate the effectiveness of polishing and waxing.
- The third step is paint polishing to restore the car’s shininess
- And the final step is applying a sealant to add a protective layer and enhance the glossiness.
These are the primary exterior cleaning tasks. Other exterior detailing services would include; engine detailing, headlight restoration, engine cleaning, trim repainting, paint touch-ups, etc.
Most of the time, the car’s interior tends to be neglected when car cleaning. For this reason, your detailer will pay more attention and spend more time on interior detailing. Interior cleaning includes:
- Vacuuming carpets, seats, mats, headliner, rear cargo area, the trunk, and any area in your car that can be vacuumed
- Next is scrubbing and brushing the rugs and carpets to remove stains
- Then steam cleaning to remove stubborn stains in seats and carpets.
- The fourth step is wiping down all the surfaces, including the windows, door panels, windshield, etc.
- The last step is perfuming the interior to leave your car smelling fantastic. This step is optional.
Exterior and interior cleaning are the primary car cleaning services. But, there are other additional services, which include
- Paint correction – this is the restoration of the car’s paint finish. The goal is to remove the paint’s flaws and make it look new again. The detailer often uses a rotary machine that provides the best paint correction.
- Ceramic coating – this is a liquid polymer applied to the car’s surface to act as a protective layer.
- PPF – a short form for paint protection film, is another protective layer but better than ceramic coating. It is a thin polyurethane film whose task is to protect the car’s surface from minor scratches, chips, UV light damage, acid rain, and other forms of minor damage.
So, if you’re looking for proper car care, auto detailing is far better than a mere car wash.
What are the auto detailing pros?
Having your car detailed has a lot more benefits than just having a clean car.
Auto detailing boosts your car’s value
This is more self-explanatory; your car’s appearance highly dictates how much value it’s worth in the market. A clean and well-maintained vehicle will get you a much better price if you want to sell it.
Give you a good image
Like a house has a lot to say about the owner, your car speaks more about you. Regular auto detailing will improve the look of your vehicle, which in turn will make you look good before your employees and employers alike.
The air quality of a car is of utmost importance. It’s almost insane to imagine that nearly 10 billion bacteria, germs, and microscopic organisms can exist in someone’s car.
So, if you constantly get sick or have allergic reactions, you might have probably got it from your vehicle.
Auto detailing takes care of germs in your car interior.
You can choose to invest in the proper tools, equipment, and products for car detailing, but if you want the best results with the least amount of damage and maximum protection for your car, it’s better to trust the job to professionals.
Suppose you’re from Huntington Beach, CA, and the surrounding areas, and you’re looking for a professional to trust for car detailing services. In that case, the following companies will do you justice.
We’ve done our research, and these companies have at least some of the following qualities in common:
- They have positive customer reviews
- They are professionals with licenses and insurance
- They are certified
- Have experience
- And they are all locally found within the areas of Orange County.
Top 3 Car Detailing Companies in Huntington Beach, CA.
#1. Slick Look Auto Detailing
Our first pick is Slick Look Auto detailers, a company based in Huntington Beach that serves the neighborhood of Orange County with auto detailing and boat detailing services.
The company was established in 2016 by the owner Christopher Taft who is licensed, insured, and a certified auto detailer.
The company’s goal is to give the best and highest-quality products and services at fair and affordable prices.
The company is passion-driven. They have extensive cleaning processes to ensure the client’s car is exquisitely clean. They also restore and protect each client’s car to its good-looking state.
Even better, the company offers mobile detailing services in Huntington Beach Ca, and the surrounding cities in Orange County, including Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, etc.
Their auto detail services include:
- Carpet cleaning and shampooing
- Scratch reduction
- Paint protection and correction
- Paint decontamination/fallout removal
- Headlight restoration
- Complete interior detailing
- Rim cleaning and polishing
- Ceramic coating
- Mobile detailing service
- And much more
What’s more, they have a lot to show for than just their services, here’s why you should choose this company for your auto detailing needs:
- Have a lot of great reviews with an overall rating of 5-stars on major review sites including Google, Yelp
- Their customer service is exceptional and the best in town
- They put in more time and effort not just to get the job done but to ensure the client’s car is in a clean and polished state
- It’s a detail-oriented company; making sure every part of the client’s car is well taken care of
- The company has all its certifications displayed on its website for a client’s peace of mind
- They offer a free estimates
Don’t hesitate to call Slick Look Auto Detailer’s for a free estimate on the service you need. They operate every day of the week from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm.
#2. Rhino Films & Detailing
Since 2009 Rhino Film has been providing premier auto films and detailing services for the community of Southern, CA.
The professionals in this company have unbeatable customer service. They inspect and treat their client’s vehicles with professionalism and utmost keenness.
The company’s standout point is constantly developing new skills and techniques to offer better-detailing services to its clients.
Though their stronghold is painting polishing technique, the company also provides other car detailing services
Here’s a detailed list of the company’s specialties:
- Car detailing
- Paint Protection Film
- Ceramic coatings
- Vinyl wraps
- Windshield Protection Films
- Custom detailing
- Car care products
- Paint and Headlights restoration
- Engine cleaning
- Tar and Interior Shampooing
- Waxing and Polishing services
- Oxidation removal
Why Choose this company?
- Offers lifetime warranty
- Offers gift cards and special packages
- Has more than 400 verified reviews with a 5-star rating on Yelp
If you are interested in Rhino Films’ services, don’t hesitate to give them a call. They are open on Tuesdays to Saturdays from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, and on Monday for any special appointments.
#3. Orange County Auto Detailing
Finishing up the list is OC Auto detailing- a company specializing in auto detail repairs and touch-ups. This company is a full-service auto detailer with a mission to ensure every car they service looks as good as new.
Their professionals use a combination of numerous procedures such as paint repair and dent removal, together with high-quality waxes and polishes to give every car a superb show kind of look.
Their services come at affordable and reasonable rates, and they operate at flexible hours of 6 am to 10 pm.
Their list of services includes:
- Auto detailing services
- Aircraft cleaning services
- Boat detailing services
- Fleet maintenance
- Mobile car wash services
- RV detailing services
- Semi-truck and trailer cleaning
Which of these companies would you hire?
It’s essential to research and go with your gut. But for us, we choose Slick Look Auto Detailing as the best option from the list. It checks all the right boxes, and its services come at very affordable prices.