When hiring a contractor for help painting interior and exterior surfaces, you may need to prepare your home before they arrive. Removing furniture and offering easy access to the walls and surfaces helps keep the project on schedule.
Here are a few of the steps that you should follow to prepare new and used houses for professional remodeling painting services.
Dependable Painting Contractors Serving the Lubbock Area
- Remove paintings, wall art, and décor from the walls and shelving before the interior painting While you may need help with a large piece of furniture, the painting project goes a lot smoother if you prepare the room ahead of time. Take down all objects from the walls and remove as much furniture as you can.
- If you have a large or heavy piece of furniture that you cannot get out of the room, try to position it in the center of the room. The painters can cover the furniture to protect items from paint splatter. However, moving these items out of the way is more convenient.
- Keep the pets away. During the interior painting project, you do not want your dog or cat getting into a paint tray and creating a mess. If possible, keep them in a different part of the house or outdoors. You may also consider having a friend or family member watch your pets during the day.
- If you hire contractors for exterior home paint or stain in Lubbock, you should keep the pets out of the yard, especially if the painters require access to your backyard. With an exterior painting project, the painters may need to get on ladders and keep their equipment set up around the property.
- Cleaning the walls may also be a necessary step. Even if you dust daily, dust and dirt can still cling to the surface. Wiping down the walls is especially important for smokers. Painting over the smoke-stained walls may not cover up the odors and the yellow stains may require additional coats of paint to cover.
- You do not need any special equipment or cleaning solution to prepare the walls. Simply use a solution of mild dish soap and warm water. Use a sponge or a rag to wipe down the walls, but do not soak the walls. You may also want to complete this step at least a couple of days before the painters arrive to give the walls time to completely dry.
- Prepare yourself to have a room that is off limits. With interior painting jobs, you may need to stay out of the way as the painters get to work. If the kitchen is getting painted, consider dining out.
Expert Interior and Exterior Home or Structure – Paint or Stain in Lubbock
Whether you are planning complete remodels or simply need to update a single room in your home or business, contact the experts at Steve Matthews Painting. For over 35 years, Steve Matthews has served the residents of Lubbock and the surrounding 60-mile radius, including Dickens County, Shallow Water, Little Field, and Levelland.