Like many other professions, roofers must be certified and licensed to work on roofs. The building code has strict requirements for anyone who wants to put a new roof on someone’s home, no matter what materials you use.
In Houston, TX, the best three companies for a job like this are:
- SCG Roofing
- Soriano Roofing
- Prodigy Roofing
Read on to see what makes them better than the other roofing companies. But before that, there are a few things you need to know.
Why Do You Need to Work with a Licensed Roofer
It’s not a matter of trust; instead, it’s about getting the job done right. A licensed roofing contractor won’t have any trouble satisfying the requirements of the building inspector, no matter what roofing system you choose.
Some of the benefits of working with a licensed roofer include:
- Quality work is done – A good roofer will always ensure you are delighted with the quality of their work. You may have to pay a premium price, but it’s a fair price for the quality you get.
- Quality materials – The best roofing contractors will always ensure they use the best materials.
They will use certified materials, ensuring that they won’t have any problem with the warranty and can do maintenance work in the future if necessary.
- Safety – The best roofing companies will take great care to ensure that their work is done in a safe environment. They will follow all safety guidelines, including the use of safety equipment.
- Follow all requirements – Licensed roofers will always ensure they’ve observed all building code requirements, regardless of the type of material used or the type of system installed. They will go through the process and ensure the job is according to the building code.
- Professionalism – With licensed roofers, you are assured of professionalism and courteous service. They will never be in a rush to finish the work so they can get to something else right away. They will ensure you are satisfied with their work, no matter how long it takes to do the job.
- Trust – Working with licensed roofers means you can trust that the job will be done right and promptly.
- Satisfaction guaranteed – A licensed Houston, TX roofing contractor will always ensure you are satisfied with their work. If you have had a problem with the job quality, they will take it seriously and contact you to discuss it and make sure they resolve the issue.
- Guaranteed warranties – As professionals, licensed roofers must provide warranties on all materials used in their work. These warranties can be checked and verified at any time before or after the installation.
- Licensed and insured – Licensed companies have their insurance, which assures you quality work. Also, no liabilities from injuries or damages caused will be on you.
The benefits go on and on. Ultimately, your decision to hire a licensed roofer will not only mean you get a great job done but also help maintain high standards in the roofing industry by following all code requirements.
We now know the benefits of hiring a licensed roofer; how do you confirm that one is licensed?
How Do You Know If the Company Is Licensed?
You can check by looking at their license numbers, which you can find on the company’s website, or you can call the local city license office and find out the numbers.
A simpler alternative would be to ask them for their license.
Services Offered by Licensed Roofers
A licensed roofer’s primary job is installing new roofs or repairing existing ones. However, they often have other services that they can offer as well.
Roofs must be inspected regularly. A licensed roofer can inspect your roof before you purchase the property, so you’ll know what you’re getting into before any money changes hands. Routine inspections are also vital.
Several types of roofing can be used to build different houses. A licensed roofer will ensure you buy the right roof and install it.
A properly maintained roof will maintain its robustness over the years, which is why reasonable maintenance procedures are essential.
Sometimes, your roof can suffer from damage, but the repairs are minor enough that you don’t need a new roof.
If this happens, a licensed roofer can make repairs quickly and efficiently so that your home is safe and sound again as soon as possible, and you won’t have to spend money on new roofing until you need one.
If the damages are beyond repair, you may need to replace the entire roof. A licensed roofer can choose the best roofing material for you and ensure it’s appropriately installed.
Roof Claims Management
When you have a claim against your insurance company due to storm damage or some other unforeseen circumstance, a roofer can help you navigate the complicated claims process and get the homeowner back into their home as quickly as possible.
Other services include re-roofing, gutter services and more.
Other Qualifications of Roofing contractors
Insurance adjuster checking a insureds roof foe hail damage.If you’re hoping to get a new roof for your home in Houston, TX, you should be aware that the skills of a licensed roofer are crucial but aren’t the only things to think about; consider the following:
You should ask to see a list of the references and testimonials that the roofer has so that you can call them. You should also contact your insurance company so they can tell you if they’ve previously worked with the company.
You should get your roofer to show you their insurance identification numbers. Make sure you double-check this against the insurance company’s policy.
Make sure that you can find proof that the roofer is licensed with the state and that it meets specific standards.
Now that you know all the essential facts, you should be able to decide which roofer to hire.
We have reviewed the top three highest-rated ones below to help ease the search. Also, we have our best pick at the end of the article!
SCG Roofing is a full-service, customer-based roofing company that has been in business for years.
The company prides itself on being trusted by several respected names in the roofing industry, including GAF, Shingles, Owens Corning, Malarkey, CertainTeed, etc.
With decades in the roofing business, SCG Roofing can deliver high-quality, long-lasting results.
Whether you need a new roof to replace the old one or regular repairs to keep your home’s structure adequately protected and safe from the weather elements, SCG Roofing is one of the best choices.
Here are some of what they offer:
- Roofing Services
- Roof Repairs
- TPO Roofing Systems
The company is highly rated and has excellent reviews.
Mark I. on HomeAdvisor says:
“Todd is a great honest guy! The way his workers work is unbelievable! I just wanted a new roof, but a complementary pressure-washed driveway that I’ve been meaning to do came included! That showed me what type of company would go above and beyond; my wife and I are pleased with the completed project. I highly recommend Todd.”
SCG Roofing is a GAF Factory-Certified contractor; its contractors have been trained and tested along with the best roofers in the country.
Call them or visit their website to kick start your roofing project.
Soriano Roofing provides roof repair, replacement, and maintenance services.
It has also served the Houston area for years and is dedicated to providing high-quality service.
They offer a range of roofing services and roofing products from metal, copper, and asphalt shingle roofs.
Soriano Roofing is accredited by BBB and has excellent reviews on Yelp, with user Karen H. stating,
“If you need roofing repairs or a new roof installation, you will not find a better company! They are honest, professional, and great to work with. We love our new roof!!”
The company offers
- Roofing services
- Gutter services
- And painting services
Third on the list is Prodigy Roofing serving Houston and the surrounding areas in Southeast Texas.
They provide all kinds of roofing services, including:
- Commercial roofing repair
- Residential roofing repair
- Residential roof replacement
- And Gutter services
We found Prodigy Roofing on Yelp with an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5.
They were rated by a user named Scott S., who stated,
“I recently had Prodigy replace my flat roof. They arrived on time and were very professional. Akhil, the owner, was very tuned into wanting my customers to be satisfied. They listened to me when I made a couple of suggestions.”
If you are looking for just any roofing company, you will have several options, but if you want the best Houston roofing contractors, these three companies are your best shot.
They have been around for several years, so you can be confident that they know how to do their job. Each of them has a solid rating and reviews online as well.
Each has unique characteristics and advantages, so it is worth researching to find the one that is right for you.
What’s our best pick?
SCG Roofing, simply because it checks all the boxes; professionalism, excellent customer satisfaction, affordability and quality.