Do you live in Brooklyn, NY? Have you noticed your air conditioner has stopped cooling? It may be time to call Brooklyn, NY experts for air conditioning repair.
Brooklyn is a very hot place during specific months, which means that your air conditioner will be sweating hard trying to keep your home cool.
As a Brooklynite, you can’t afford to have your air conditioner giving out on you every other day. It’s essential to ensure your AC unit has regular maintenance and checkups so that you don’t pay more for repairs than what it would cost you to install a new one.
You can tell if your AC unit needs servicing by looking for these signs:
- Water leaking through the ceiling under the unit
- Erratic temps in different parts of the house
- Sluggish performance, especially when it’s warm outside
- Annoying, repetitive beeping
These are all signs your unit is past its prime. If you notice one or several of these signs, schedule an appointment for an air conditioner repair with a qualified professional.
Before we look at some of the tips for choosing a technician, let’s skim through the mistakes you should avoid:
- Hiring unlicensed technicians. It seems like this would be a no-brainer, right? Always ask if technicians are licensed and insured.
- Making assumptions. One of the biggest pitfalls is assuming that because your unit is small, it’s not worth hiring a professional to fix it. Small or big, all units require professional servicing.
- Leaving it too long. Waiting to call in professional air conditioning specialists when the damage occurs will cost you more. So make maintenance a regular thing.
- Not Negotiating price with providers-Most companies offer a variety of packages and prices so don’t be afraid to ask about the different rates they charge.
Tips on Choosing the Right Air Conditioner Repair Expert
So, how do you get a qualified professional?
Well, it sounds easier than it actually is. Getting an expert that can repair your unit and restore it to full functionality can be tricky.
But, with the following tips, you will be able to get the best of the best, and that AC unit will be back up and running in no time.
First Step, Call a Trusted Air Conditioner Repair Company
You don’t want to try fixing your air conditioner yourself or hire just anyone who says he knows what he’s doing but doesn’t.
A shady service provider can end up costing you more money in the long run – avoid entrusting your AC repair needs with just anyone.
Pick a company that has a trusted reputation for fast, efficient maintenance of all types of air conditioners – from small window units to large commercial systems – and is backed by years of experience servicing AC units in Brooklyn.
The following steps are the actual vetting of the company’s ability and qualification for the job.
Make sure they’re properly licensed and insured!
The last thing you need is for your AC to break down and an unlicensed, uninsured company shows up to take a look at it. And even if the business seems legit, make sure their technicians are as well; this is no time to cut corners!
Check Their References
Reputable air conditioning service providers should be able to provide you with references and testimonials, so ask!
Make sure these people aren’t just friends and family members, though – ask if they’ll give out real references or other customers that you can contact to make sure they’re telling the truth.
Get Quotes from Multiple Repair Services
Don’t go with the first person who gives you a quote. You want to get at least three different quotes from different air conditioning repair companies so that you can weigh all your options and choose the best company for you. Compare quotes in terms of initial investment and return on investment.
Ask each air conditioner repair person what makes their business stand out from everyone else’s and why they’re qualified to fix your specific unit. This way, you’ll know which one is right for you.
Get Estimates in Writing
Make sure any AC repair Brooklyn specialist you go with provides you with a written estimate, not just an oral quote. If you agree on the price beforehand, there shouldn’t be any hidden costs once the job is done – and if there are, that should raise some red flags.
Ask About Warranty and Guarantees
Another thing that the air conditioner service provider needs to offer is warranties and guarantees.
The best companies will guarantee their work. So if your unit breaks down within a certain period of time, they’ll come out and fix it for free or give you your money back.
Those who do offer this type of warranty should also be willing to put it in writing.
These tips will help you choose the best air conditioner repair company for your home so that you can stay cool and comfortable this summer, Brooklyn breeze blowing on your face all the while.
What should you not do?
Is there a shorter process?
You don’t want to go through all these steps?
We have a cheat sheet for you with some of the top air conditioner repair companies in Brooklyn, NY. All you have to do now is pick the best according to you and make an appointment.
Top 3 Air Conditioning Repair Service Providers in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, NY, has a lot of great AC repair companies to choose from. We’ve selected our top three picks for you.
Vega HVAC Contracting
Suppose you want reliable technicians, a 100% guaranteed satisfaction policy, and a company that will work with your budget to ensure you get the best value for your dollar. In that case, it’s time to set up an appointment with Vega HVAC Contracting.
The company is fully licensed, bonded, and insured; they offer 24-hour service seven days a week, and they’ve been around for over 40 years!
And here’s the kicker: all of Vega’s technicians undergo training regularly to keep their skills up-to-date and learn about new developments in the industry.
With such well-trained staff, there’s no doubt Vega will be able to help with any issue you have – from simple repairs to complicated installations or replacements.
Vega HVAC Contracting specializes in:
- AC and furnace installations
- Furnace and AC replacements
- Heating unit and boiler repair
- Duct repair and replacements
- Filtration inspections and replacements
- HVAC installations and repairs
- Refrigeration installation, maintenance and repair
With Vega HVAC, you will be working with a company that holds itself to high standards; provides unparalleled customer service, and you won’t break the bank for any of their services.
Here are why they stand out:
- Tons of experience. Vega has been there for over 40 years, meaning they understand every part of their job.
- Great customer service
- Certified technicians – Vega only hires the best professionals
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed – don’t like the service? They’ll come back and fix it.
- Free estimate
- Licensed, bonded, and insured – you never want to work with an unlicensed company; doing so could cost you big time later on! Vega is licensed with license number 2095065-DCA and has general liability insurance. You can be sure that they’re legit!
What’s more, all their AC repair Brooklyn services are offered at very reasonable prices – without sacrificing quality or safety.
Vega can handle repairs big and small, whether your unit needs a simple filter change or it’s time for a complete replacement.
Aladdin Plumbing Corporation
Next up is Aladdin Plumbing Corporation, a company that’s been around since 1976. They value honesty and integrity and offer all customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Aladdin Plumbing uses top-of-the-line products, and their technicians undergo extensive training. Like Vega HVAC, they also hire only the best, most reliable people who offer excellent customer service and honestly care about helping you with any issue you may have.
The company specializes in:
- Duct cleaning services
- Heating installation, service, and repair
- Air conditioning installation, service, and repair
- Radiant heating installation, service, and repair
- Ductless AC installation and repairs
- Multi-zone AC systems
Aladdin Plumbing is an around-the-clock service company, and they will be there when you need it. They also provide free estimates to help you stay within your budget. Finally, they specialize in commercial properties as well as residential ones.
Aladdin Plumbing offers:
- 24-hour emergency service
- Top-notch technicians who are experienced, trained, licensed, and insured
- Free consultations for new customers
- A diverse selection of products available for purchase or rent that fit your individual needs and your budget
Why risk sending an inexperienced technician to work on your AC unit? This is one repair you want to make sure gets done properly
Last but certainly not least is the highly reputable Panda HVAC. A family-owned company, they have been around for almost 20 years, and they’re just as committed to their customers now as they were when they first opened; they offer high-quality service at affordable rates.
Panda HVAC has certified technicians who can handle any HVAC-Unit-related task. From replacing your furnace or air conditioner to installing central heating and air conditioning, water heater replacement, or repairing ductwork – no matter what issue you’re facing with any of your home’s appliances, they can fix it.
And if you use one of their maintenance programs, your home could save up to 15% on heating bills this winter.
Panda HVAC’s main specialty include:
- Air Conditioning; installation, maintenance, and repair
- Heating services
- Ductless HVAC system
- Indoor air quality
- Wi-Fi thermostat services
- Air ducts & dryer vent cleaning services
To be able to stay in the market and gain the trust of their clients, Panda HVAC technicians:
- Hold relevant licenses and certifications
- Pass thorough background checks and drug screens
- Go through extensive training before they’re hired, as well as ongoing safety and technical updates while they work for the company
- Are available around the clock to help with your emergency needs
- Have the best customer-relation skills
Not only does Panda HVAC provide quality service – but it also offers some of the best prices in town.
Their customized plans will fit any budget and save you money on repairs and replacements! And not to forget, all products used by their technicians are eco-friendly.
You can rest easy knowing that your environment and your home’s appliances will be well taken care of!
Which is Our Pick?
These three are among the best Brooklyn, NY, HVAC repair companies. They’re all reliable and deliver great quality work at affordable prices.
But based on the information we’ve covered and customer reviews, our pick is Vega HVAC. They also specialize in refrigeration services besides heating and air conditioning repair.
Their technicians are licensed, insured, and experienced, and they are BBB accredited.
They have also been in the game for the longest time, and they understand the ins and outs of the industry.
Whether you need a repair, replacement, installation, or maintenance – look no further than Vega HVAC.