Remodel or Move? 10 Reasons Why You Should Remodel Instead
If you’re tired of the lack of space in your home or you have realized that it is no longer as functional or modernized as it was years before, consider remodeling before moving. Instead of selling your home, renovations and additions may be the best option for you as a homeowner. Consider these few reasons why we believe people should opt for renovating instead:
- Moving expenses. On average, for a $200,000 home, it costs about $15,000 and up to move. This expense included preparations, realtor commissions, upfits, the actual move and more.
- Expensive fees. As a seller, you are expected to pay the closing costs, which is typically 3-5% of the sales price.
- Unpremeditated issues. Most homebuyers will have a home inspector take a look at your property before buying. More than often, this leads to electrical, plumbing, roofing, and other issues you weren’t even aware of. Fixing these repairs will come out of your pocket.
- Disrupting your family. You and your loved ones will have to pack up while maintaining your house in “ready-to-show” shape for potential buyers.
- Disruption of your daily life. Your local school, church, gym, grocery store, and other places you regularly visit will have to change.
- You might have to relocate twice. If you haven’t closed your new home once yours has sold, you’ll have to move into a temporary location.
- Double the monthly payments. Unfortunately, if you move before your house sells, you’ll be stuck covering both mortgage payments.
- Remodeling is quicker than you may think. On average, most remodeling projects only take 4-8 weeks depending on the size of the project.
- Consider the housing market. Although the housing market has been improving, holding on to your home until the market peeks makes the most financial sense.
- Remodeling is a solid investment. The value of your home goes up with each renovation or addition made to your home.
Why You Should Hire a Remodeling Contractor to do the Job
Although it is tempting to save a few bucks with a DIY project, your home is definitely not one the areas you want to skimp on. Not to mention, if it goes wrong it will cost much more to fix.
You’ll find yourself much happier by hiring the right remodeling contractor in the Amarillo area to do the job precisely. A contractor will get the job done quickly and work on it consistently, leaving you the time to focus your free time on other things.
Trust the experts at New Life Homes. They specialize in all areas of the home and have a 4.85 rating on HomeAdvisor. One of the clients on there had this to say about their roofing services:
“This job was actually to remove & replace a very old 3-ply roof on an old downtown building built in the early 1900s. The new roof is a torch down roof. Jon was very easy to work with, we got a fair bid for the work & it was completed within the time frame he promised. I don’t know how this could have been a better experience.”
Call them at 806-673-9110 to book an appointment today and let their work speak for itself! They offer free estimates and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.