HomeAdvisor offers a great resource for homeowners to find contractors. However, a great deal of contractors complain that they don’t get enough HomeAdvisor leads.
What if there was an extra way to get your business on the forefront of HomeAdvisor?
Well, now there is a service called Homeadvisor Pro. How does it work? This guide will show you everything you need to know about it.
At first glance, it might seem that HomeAdvisor is a service professional’s dream.
But the truth is, it also has its fair share of downsides once you get to use it.
As of this writing, HomeAdvisor has a vast pool of 10,370 customers.
However, competition is extremely steep because everyone wants to get access to the lucrative customer base and be the leader in the home services industry.
What is HomeAdvisor Pro?
HomeAdvisor Pro is a paid subscription service for professional providers.
The basic package gives you access to all the features of HomeAdvisor PQ.
In addition to being able to book jobs from other users, you can also send estimates and invoices directly from your account.
You’re also eligible for the Pro Directory feature that shows local homeowners how much they should be paying for certain services based on their location, square footage, and other factors.
Who is HomeAdvisor Pro for?
HomeAdvisor Pro provides leads to local service providers. As a result, you will only benefit from this program if your business fits one of the following criteria:
- You’re an experienced contractor with more than two years of experience in the industry and at least two years of positive reviews on Angie’s List, Thumbtack, Home Advisor, or another review site. If you don’t meet these requirements yet but are working toward them, then you can use this program as a stepping stone until you reach those milestones.
- You’ve already used one of these sites as a lead generation platform for some time and have had steady growth over time without any issues. In fact, if there are any issues with the platform itself or their customer support team answering them promptly and effectively then this might not be worth exploring further since it could end up costing more in lost revenue than it saves by decreasing costs associated with hiring new employees every week or month.
How does HomeAdvisor get leads?
HomeAdvisor provides an all-in-one marketplace for homeowners to find professionals to help them with home projects such as plumbing, home remodeling, electrical system, and HVAC. In other words, it’s like Yelp! for your house.
Its paid service, HomeAdvisor Pro, helps you get more jobs by providing the leads your business needs.
You pay HomeAdvisor to show up on their website, which means other people will see you and hire you so you get more income in the long run.
When you search for a home remodeling service on Google, you’ll see an advertisement for HomeAdvisor.
The online platform has a partnership with Google that enables them to show up before other home remodeling companies whenever someone searches for one.
Then, HomeAdvisor needs to pay Google every time a user clicks on their ad.
People often see this advertisement and click on it which takes them to HomeAdvisor’s platform, where they are required to provide their contact information.
Once they are done fill out the form, this contact information is sent to several other contractors and HomeAdvisor charges their bank accounts. Simply put, this is how the process works.
These are actual plumbers in this city competing with the online platform for top placement on the search page. Some of them are likely using the website, too.
Large companies use search engine optimization to ensure that their websites appear at the top of search results.
HomeAdvisor has spent thousands of dollars on SEO services so that it can show up on the Google search’s first page for the keyword “home remodeling contractors”.
However, many of these contractors pay HomeAdvisor to advertise their services, which means they are paying for a service that helps their competition.
On the other hand, if you’ve just started your home improvement business, you might want to consider cheaper options. The good news is that there are many ways to get leads without paying for them:
- The best way is by providing the best service at a fair price. For example, if your prices are low enough or your reputation is strong enough, then homeowners will come looking for you. They can also be referred by friends/family.
- If this isn’t an option for whatever reason — maybe everyone else in town charges too much or maybe no one knows about what kind of work you do yet — then consider hiring an outside company specifically designed around helping people find clients like these.
How much does HomeAdvisor charge for leads?
The cost of HomeAdvisor’s membership is around $300 per year.
This also includes the price of each lead, which range from $15 to $60.
The monthly fee covers all of your services, including the home security and home maintenance tools as well as any other features that may become available in the future. However, how much you pay per lead depends on the type of work you do.
Nevertheless, you can opt out any time by logging into your account or calling HomeAdvisor’s customer service.
Does HomeAdvisor require a contract?
HomeAdvisor Pro allows you to get more business from your home improvement services. It’s an easy way to fill up your calendar, which means more money in your pocket. But aside from this, there are other perks you can get from signing up for HomeAdvisor Pro, including the following:
- No contract or cancellation fees
- No minimums or long-term commitments
How to turn off leads on HomeAdvisor
If you don’t want to be charged for HomeAdvisor leads, you can disable them anytime. To do so, you need to do the following steps:
- Log into your HomeAdvisor account.
- Click on “Leads” in the left-hand menu.
- Find the lead you want to turn off and click on its name.
- Click on “Turn Off”. A pop-up window will appear asking if you’re sure you want to turn off the lead—click “Yes”. Note: If you miss this step, don’t worry! You can still access this feature by going directly to https://homeadvisorpro.com/leads/unsubscribe/. It just might save time if you use the method above first.
- Clicking “Yes” again will prevent any more leads from being sent to your email address for this particular company (or category of companies)
What companies are like HomeAdvisor?
HomeAdvisor Pro’s paid service allows you to post unlimited jobs and access exclusive tools that help you manage them more effectively.
However, if you’re looking for other platforms that offer the same service, you can try the following alternatives:
HomeAdvisor Pro can help you get more business
HomeAdvisor Pro offers a number of different features that can help you attract new customers. The most important of these is the ability to create and manage customer leads, which is a step beyond just using the website’s search feature.
Once you’ve signed up for HomeAdvisor Pro, you can easily create a lead that describes your business as well as any specific services or products it offers.
You also have the option of adding photos and videos from your site or social media accounts so potential customers know exactly what they would be getting if they hired your company.
When someone searches for “home improvement contractors near me,” HomeAdvisor Pro will show them all qualified local professionals who offer those services—including yours!
If someone clicks on your lead and likes what they see in terms of price and quality, they’ll be able to request an estimate from you directly through the platform (and vice versa).
This ensures that even after something goes wrong with one transaction — for example, if someone leaves feedback about how unsatisfied she was with her experience working with one contractor over another — that information won’t affect her decision-making process when looking at leads generated by other companies in the future.
Landscapers who are just starting out, or smaller operations whose main source of income is mainly straightforward and fixed-price projects such as building decks or sod installation, might find HomeAdvisor useful.
They can use it to attract customers’ attention and build a strong online presence.
If you are still undecided whether to try HomeAdvisor Pro or not, you can take advantage of its free trials.
Apart from the free offer, it also offers a money-back guarantee for the first 3 months if you are unhappy with the service or unable to find any luck on the home services platform.
This is quite beneficial for professionals who want to test out this feature without being locked into a long-term commitment.
If you’re looking for more information about HomeAdvisor Pro or want to sign up today, visit their website and consider signing up as a service provider.